At 28 years of age, Jai Anmol Ambani is the eldest son of Indian business tycoon Anil Ambani, the nephew of Mukesh Ambani, and the grandson of Dhirubhai Ambani, who rose from a middle-class lifestyle to become the founder of Reliance Industries, a billionaire and internationally acclaimed CEO. Everyone knows about the Ambani family but we bet you didn’t know these 5 things about the Ambani grandson.
- Jai Anmol studied at John Connon School in Mumbai and then moved to the UK to pursue further studies at the Warwick Business School.
- The Economic Times had reported in 2014 that Jai Anmol was actively involved in the ₹12,000-crore acquisition of Jaypee Associates’ power assets, as Reliance Capital CEO Sam Ghosh mentored him for a bigger role in the Reliance Group.
- If you’ve been wondering why you haven’t heard much about Jai Anmol Ambani all these years, it’s probably because he is really camera shy and believes in maintaining a low profile, as reported by Amar Ujala. He is often pictured with his parents only, but on some rare occasions, he has also been spotted partying with the Bollywood A-listers. He is believed to be really close to the Ambani matriarch Kokilaben. Plus, it seems that the younger Ambani generation is keen to rise above any family differences. It is reported that Jai Anmol Ambani is pretty close to his cousins, Akash, Isha and Anant.
- Jai Anmol Ambani started his journey at the company in 2014 with Reliance Mutual Fund and later joined the Reliance Capital Board in 2016. In October 2019, Jai Anmol, who already held executive director’s position at Reliance Capital, was appointed as director of Reliance Infra along with his brother Jai Anshul. A statement released by the company back then stated, “Anmol has been overseeing the financial services businesses since he joined its Board in August 2016. He has contributed to the culture of the organisation, driving agility, innovation and digitisation.” But, it should also be noted that Jai Anmol Ambani and Jai Anshul Ambani both resigned from the board of Reliance Infra within less than a year of joining. Anmol continues to call the shots at Reliance Capital.
- The young billionaire is also reportedly an avid petrol head, having collected luxury cars from the Rolls-Royce Phantom to Lamborghini Gallardo, and even owns several private jets and helicopters. However, this remains unconfirmed.
Jai Anmol Ambani may have been born into one of the wealthiest families in India but his skills are yet to be tested as an individual. His work so far has been a testament of his individuality and his role a businessman in the industry. What we know for sure is that the young man has the potential for making a strong presence in the world for not just being an Ambani but for being Jai Anmol.